My favorite workout food is blåbärssoppa, growing up in sweden this was the drink rich in energy that was served to us at school and at sporting events. It was also given to someone that had a upset stomach.
But you can make it at home from blueberries, here is a simple recipe that you can use.
Ingredients to Blåbärssoppa with blueberries:
6 servings blåbärssoppa with blueberries
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Clean and rinse the blueberries. Frozen blueberries do not need to be rinsed.
- Place blueberries, 2 quarts cold water, sugar, lemon and cinnamon in a large saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat for approximately 30 minutes (until fruit becomes soft).
- Mix corn starch into remaining 1/4 cup cold water slowly until smooth and add the corn starch mixture into the blueberry liquid.
- Continue cooking over low heat until soup has thickened slightly.
- Soup can be served warm during winter or cold during summer