The other day I got a question from a G Suite users, regarding how to keep the comments when making a copy of the G Suite Doc. It went a step further, the user wanted to just keep some comments.
If you use the function in G Suite docs, File -> Make a copy you will lose the comments in the copy that has been created. To work around this, you can do the following.
- File – Download As – select the MS Word format
- Download the document as a word document.
- Save the document with the desired name for the copy
- Upload the copy to G Suite drive
- Turn the document into a G Suite doc
Now you can edit the document, keep the comments you like.
If you like the features that comments should be automatically copied in G Suite Doc, then you can contribute by providing feedback and suggest new features, this is how you do it:
How to Submit Feedback or Feature Suggestions for Google Docs
- Open a Google Docs document
- Go to Help > Docs help
- Click on Send feedback (in the bottom right)
- Type in your feedback suggestions
- Press the blue Send button
Hopefully, in the near future, the automatic copy of documents with comments in G Suite will be available, cross our fingers.