Some great freeware that I wanted to share.
AMP WinOFF is an utility designed to schedule the shutdown of Windows computers, with several shutdown modes and fully configurable. Some of its features are:
- Scheduled shut downs, either at a set time (e.g. 12:00 PM) or after a period of time (e.g. 1 hour and 15 minutes).
- Perform a shut down when the CPU becomes idle.
- Several types of shut down (shut down, restart, close session, power off, administrative shutdown/restart, suspend, hibernate and lock computer).
- Immediate shutdown and computer lock from the taskbar icon menu.
- Several security options including anti-close protection and password protected access to the configuration.
- Option of capturing the desktop, executing a program and/or hang up the modem before the shutdown.
- Command line support for batch processing.
- Dual English/Spanish version.
Movavi VideoSuite gives you SIX amazing video tools in a single package. Edit. Convert. Split. Capture. Burn. Rip. Save to iPod
Avi2Dvd is an All In One tool in order to convert with just few clicks an Avi/Ogm/Mkv/Wmv/Dvd to Dvd/Svcd/Vcd.
Supports multiple audiostreams and up to three textual external subtitles. This utility is 100% freeware and uses only freeware software.
PaperCut is the leading solution to monitor, quota and report network printing and internet use. PaperCut is renowned for its combination of powerful features and ease-of-use.
PaperCut’s unique print quota, print accounting and print control features have been designed to provide organizations with comprehensive reporting and control of their printing.
WordWeb is a comprehensive one-click English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows. It can be used to look up words from almost any program, showing definitions, synonyms and related words. It includes pronunciations and usage examples, and has helpful spelling and sounds-like links.
Jarte \’tay\ noun (est. 2001)
- A free word processor based on the Microsoft WordPad word processing engine built into Windows.
- A fast starting, easy to use word processor that expands well beyond the WordPad feature set.
- A small, portable word processor whose documents are fully compatible with Word and WordPad.
Visuwords – online graphical dictionary – Look up words to find their meanings and associations with other words and concepts. Produce diagrams reminiscent of a neural net. Learn how words associate.
Wise Registry Cleaner free is a best free registry cleaner and registry optimizer, it speeds up your PC by cleaning your Registry. The PRO version help you improve your PC’s performance by optimize your Registry, and it’s so easy, you only need make a few clicks. Wise Registry Cleaner will make your Windows computer faster and more stable. It removes the junk that accumulates in your Windows Registry. You can safely and easily clean your registry.
Internet Security combines the power of COMODO’s award-winning Firewall and AntiVirus software to protect your PC from malicious software and Hackers. Best of all is FREE!
This great little freebie does an excellent job cleaning out many different kinds of junk from your PC, including cookies, many kinds of temporary files, Internet toolbars (called Browser Helper Objects), and unnecessary DLLs. It even includes a tool that will free up system RAM by moving data from RAM to a page file on your hard disk, to increase performance.
HackCleaner also includes a nice security tool as well. It will automatically block any Browser Helper Objects from being installed on your PC–a good thing, because some of them are spyware or malicious software
OpenProj is a free, open source project management solution. OpenProj is a replacement of Microsoft Project and other commercial project solutions.
Basic antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows available to download for free. Limited features, no support, for private and non-commercial use only.
File tagging and organization utility. Based on the convenient drag-and-drop technique, TaggedFrog allows you to organize your files, documents and Web links. Just add objects to the library and tag them with any keywords. That’s it. You can forget the file name or where the file is located, but don’t worry – the tags will find the file for you.
Whether you’re a professional designer dreaming up a colour scheme for a magazine redesign, a homeowner jugglin paint swatches for a living room repainting, or just someone who paints in their spare time looking for a neat colour combo, everyone could use a little chromatic inspiration.
That’s it for this time, do you have anything to add, leave a comment below.