- Defining your core muscles – the key to any sport activity
Defining your core muscles – the key to any sport activity
Your abs take up a large area of your core. In fact a lot of people think your abs are your core. But… there’s a whole other side to it. It’s called your back! Here are the main muscles that make up your core.
- Rectus abdominis – This is the main muscle in your ab group. It runs down the centre of your stomach. These are the muscles that eventually turn into a six pack.
- Transverse abdominis – This is the deepest of your ab muscles. It needs to be worked to build a solid foundation for your six pack.
- Internal and external obliques – These are the muscles that wrap around your waist. They\’re really important for any sideways motion.
- Erector spinae – These are your main lower back muscles. Keep these strong if you want to avoid lower back pain.