So what is content strategy – it is the planning, development, and management of content—written or in other media. What do you need to do to create a content marketing strategy?
A content marketing strategy is NOT the same thing as a content strategy. The difference are:
- Content marketing strategy: Helps you draw and develop the larger story that your want to tell, focus on ways to engage an audience, using content to drive behaviors.
- Content strategy: Helps you manage content as a business asset.
What to include in my content marketing strategy?
Content marketing strategy is an outline of your key business and customer needs and a detailed plan for how you will use content to address them.
You need to include the following at least in your content strategy:
- Your business case: By communicating your reasons for creating content, the risks involved, and your vision of what success will look like, you are much more likely to gain support for your strategy.
- Your business plan: Covers the goals you have for your content program, the unique value you are looking to provide through your content, and details of your business model. It also should outline the obstacles and opportunities you may encounter as you execute your plan.
- Your audience and content maps: Describe the specific audiences for whom you will create content, what their needs are, and what their content engagement cycle might look like. You may also want to map out content you can deliver throughout their buyer’s journey in order to move them closer to their goals.
- Your brand story: You characterize your content marketing in terms of what ideas and messages you want to communicate, how those messages differ from the competition, and how you see the landscape evolving once you have shared them with your audience.
- Your channel plan: This should include the platforms you will use to tell your story; what your criteria, processes, and objectives are for each one; and how you will connect them so that they create a cohesive brand conversation.
- My work as a software developer
- My hobby of bicycle touring.
So I hope you enjoyed this article and that you read more about my views on things.