A recent international study surveyed more than 500 business leaders and asked them what sets great employees apart. The researchers wanted to know why some people are more successful than others at work, and the answers were surprising; leaders chose “personality” as the leading reason.
What is “personality”? Being introverted or extroverted is an example of an important personality trait. Personality traits form at an early age and are fixed by early adulthood. Many important things about you change over the course of your lifetime, but your personality isn’t one of them.
You can read more in Exceptional Employees Have Emotional Intelligence
Some traits of Exceptional employee:
- They can work outside the boundaries of job descriptions.
- They can tolerate conflict
- They focus
- They’re judiciously courageous
- They’re in control of their egos
- They’re never satisfied
- They recognize when things are broken and fix them
- They’re accountable
- They’re marketable
- They neutralize toxic people
What other qualities make people exceptional? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.