If you want to get your body looking healthy and feeling strong, you’ll need to incorporate aerobic activity, strength training and healthy eating.
Here are the 10 tips to you should remember start burning fat:
1. Strength Training – helps to shape your body. Lifting weights and performing core exercises can raise your metabolism because you are creating more muscle, which burns more calories than fat tissue. So the more muscle you have, the more calories you’ll burn all day long. Some examples of strength training include.
- Each exercise may require a slightly different weight.
- If you can do three sets of 15 to 20 reps with your weights with little or no challenge, your weights are too light.
- If you can’t do three sets of 5 reps, then your weights are too heavy.
- Toning and strength training benefits from continuous work, so minimize long breaks between sets.
- When increasing your weights, decrease the amount of reps you do and progress up.
- Aim to increase your weights or core exercises every few weeks to continue to challenge your body.
2. Aerobic activity – Aerobic exercise is any activity that makes you breathe hard while using the large muscle groups for an extended period of time. Aerobic exercise uses more calories than other kinds of activities while making your heart stronger. When you training your heart, enzymes are produced that breaks down the fat and helps to control your weight by using excess calories that otherwise would be stored as fat. For fat to be used as energy oxygen is required. People with high heart capacity, burns fat more efficient then a person with low heart capacity, due to the fact that there muscle cells gets more oxygen.
3. Intervals will do the job – Change your routines and give your body a chock. Studies shows that people that add interval training into their regular aerobic exercise twice a week, looses double the weight than people that only do aerobic training. Sprint 30 seconds for every fifth minutes of your run, swim or bike ride. It will give you results.
4. Reduce calorie intake slowly
Your body weight is regulated by the number of calories you eat and use up each day. Everything you eat contains calories, and everything you do uses calories, including sleeping, breathing and digesting food. Any physical activity in addition to those basic functions will use even more calories. When you eat to little, your body change into survival mode – the body believes that you are starving. Do not reduce your calorie intake to drastic. Research has shown that women that eat less than 1200 calories per day reduce the burning of calories with as much as 45 percent.
5. Eat Breakfast
Burning of calories is slowing down during sleep and is not getting started before you have your first meal. Skipping breakfast means that it has been around 18 hours since your last meal. Not good! Even if you not hungry in the morning, try to eat as soon as you can. It do not need to be much, you could have a handful of nuts to get it started.
6. Portion control
Do you crave food between meals? Give your metabolism a free ride by dividing your meals into 5 or 6 small portion instead of 3 large portions. Eat every third or fourth hour. If it do not work for you, go back to 3 meals a day, but make them a little smaller and add a snack between the meals.
Healthy eating is just as important to shaping your body as the activities you do. Your success is based on the principles of calories in, calories out as well as the types of food you eat. Prepare your meals and snacks using the four food groups from Canada – Food Guide: vegetables and fruit, whole-grain products, lower-fat milk products and alternatives, and lower-fat meat and alternatives.
Lack of sleep can affect your metabolism and increase your hunger. When you sleep to little you can feel hungry even if you have eaten enough. Sleep deprivation affects secretion of cortisol, a hormone that regulates the apatite.
8. Drink Water
German researcher have detected that drinking water will increase calorie consumption drastically. Water reduces bloating and makes you feel more full.
9. Skip alcohol
To have a drink before dinner makes people eat more than 200 calories extra, shown in many studies. Drinking alcohol during dinner is not good either. Alcohol get processed first, which means that the calories from the food eaten have higher risk to be stored as fat.
Reduce the amount of stress in your life, when weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re under stress, the fight or flight response is triggered in our bodies, leading to the release of various hormones. Aside from a host of other dangers, chronic stress can also cause weight gain.